Friday, February 6, 2009

National Dance Team Competition 2009- Day 2

Day two started with another early morning workout for the dancers. After taking pictures I just went back to my room to rest. One of us should be rested for the day. #3 is in the nearest group towards the back in the light top and the dark sweats. The group huddling in the middle is our Varsity team and the third group just beyond us is another team practicing also. Did I mention that we were in the football themed area?Day two brings us to the Magic Kingdom which is very similar to Disneyland. We had been to Disneyland a couple of summers ago so the girls knew what to look for. Our other dancer friend had never been to anything Disney so everything was new to her. We wandered around and rode roller coasters and saw the sights. Of course we started in the picture spot at the front of the park.Here is my entire group of girls that I was responsible for.We were joined by some other dancers from our team to pose in front of the sign they posted welcoming us.A street photographer took pictures with each of our cameras. He said mine was the best. Good thing.One of us was very excited to meet a hero. She has Buzz and Woody on her lunch box that she takes to school every day. It could just be me, but I think she is taller than her cousin who met Buzz Lightyear a couple of years ago. She did not get a dance, just a picture.
To Infinity and Beyond!!!

One girl with a learners permit...
One girl with a real drivers license! Somehow they both made it back to the start.
Before teacups. (I have an after too... it is not so pretty.)
Turns out it is still a small world.
Here we are with goofy Goofy. He was trying to make sure the one in pink was smiling. This turned into a ninja contest, a couple of dance moves ...
and a kiss.
After a long day, we head back to the resort for dinner. Hey I was rested.
The girls need to get their rest because tomorrow is the competition, but #2 and I can stay out as late as we want. There was a late night opportunity for dancers and their families at the Magic Kingdom, so we headed back to do some shopping. All of the shops were closed so we ended up on rides instead. First we saw the Cheshire Cat moon, my brother thought it was a gnu moon.
The castle was lit up. Then it was off the tomorrowland to ride space mountain... a couple of times... with almost no line at all.There was the old-fashioned Toy Story ride. My daughter beat me by a long-shot shooting things. I spent the entire ride saying "How do I do this?" She is the one on the right.Yes I really was there, just not in a lot of the pictures.

Goodnight Mickey and Minnie.

4 comments:

CaliforniaGirl said...

I think that was her aunt dancing, not her cousin. Her cousin took the picture though.

mrjumbo said...

Hope you brought Buzz's battery pack back with you. Might need it next weekend. Looks like it's got some kick to it.

Papa Bradstein said...

What do you mean "old-fashioned"? 3B loved that ride and he's the youngest of us all.

Kangamoo said...

CAGirl: I know that. I was just combining thoughts about the 2 pictures on your blog. I can tell the difference between you. You asked the question did she get a dance? No, she did not so there is no picture to go along with that thought.

MrJ: The battery pack did not fit in the overhead, so sadly we had to leave it at the airport.

PapaB: There is a newfashioned 3D Buzz Lightyear ride in the Hollywood studios lot, (I know 3B is better). It is way cooler, the line is better (meaning you can take lots of pictures there- 165) and you get coolio 3D glasses you can take home. They also throw things at you in that ride... freaky.