
Any good trip starts with a window seat on an airplane (some of us have given up on driving)

Of course if you sit over the wing there are certain sacrifices you must make. They are more than made up for knowing you are helping fly the plane.

Leaving Puget Sound...

Past Mt. St.
Helens...

I will try this take a picture of yourself thing. Oops I forgot to smile. I was just happy that I got myself in the picture.

Here is the smile. Obviously we are related since we both squint our eyes when we smile.

My youngest is not the youngest any more. He helps walk his cousin to the park.

Bear climbing photo opportunity.

Sometimes we have to wait for our turn on the swings. This horse will do while we wait.

Swing me up to the moon... going... going... gone!


Driving to the zoo to see the elephants.

Someone found a friend, or a friend found him.

Nothing quite like a good tree to climb. As his mother will tell him, a Cork Oak is the best.


Good times playing.

As we find things, sometimes we come across an old keepsake. Back in '38 or '39 (that would be in the 1900s for all you youngsters) my mother had her braids cut off and she kept them. Not only does he look good in braids, but when he takes his hat off, we can see that he has his grandmother's hair color.

Comfortably fighting boredom.

We talk about it, and we know it is hanging in the garage. There are many stories about it from banging shins on it in the middle of the night to spinning in it until you are dizzy or sick. Some things are best left out in the garage, but I thought maybe I should document it. Here is the tumble tub. It is 29 inches across and 9 1/2 inches tall, solid metal (very heavy) and has two handles for holding when you are sitting in it.

Looking innocent enough as most children's toys go, it is big enough to hold a 13 year old boy.

Apparently it still holds the same magic of making you sick after spinning in it for any amount of time.

One of the smaller things I would like to keep from the house.
Someone has a good sense of humor.

When we are in PA it is always good to stop by and see your parents. You never know who you will meet when you are there.

Everyone finds solace in their own unique way. My youngest is most at home off the ground.

He did come down to help add flowers to the ones that were already there.

At the end of the trip come the many trips to many airports. The first one was quick and painless. First there was a stop at In-N-Out (what's not to love about a fresh burger and fries?) and then a quick swing through, hugs and we are off as was Auntie B. The next day we started in San Francisco and spent most of the morning there. My brother best describes the events of the day here:
MrJumboAirport. Nephew's
meds bag missing. Cue silent movie mad chase music. Dash home in rain. Find bag. Back in time to make airport
handoff.

We waited at the airport in case traffic was too tough and
MrJ didn't make it back in time. Our time was spent running... this way,

...and that way,

...and around and around,

...or stepping over the top.

There was plenty of time for loving (after we got too tired to run) and then...

...we were off and leaping again.

What would a trip to the airport be without a ride on the escalator? Best free fun there is in town.

Once the bag arrived, we rushed out to the gate just in the nick of time to catch the plane!! Only to find out the plane was not there yet, so it turns out we had time for lunch while we waited. One of us didn't want to share with the monkey, which was okay because he was stuffed and not interested.

After the airport we made a stop in South San Francisco to see some of the people I work for. I pick up fascinating things for them that have been shipped into the port of Seattle. After they receive my package, they do FDA testing to make sure things are okay. We got a nice tour of their lab, showing my youngest that science some times does pay.

The day after I got back, I headed up to Kent to pick up some gloves for them. Part of the job involves taking pictures since I am their eyes. Gloves are one of the easiest things I gather for them.
3 comments:
Looks like a fun trip!
Awesome pictures. I'm glad someone took some.
It looks like they all fell off the same tree.
Post a Comment