Thursday, September 10, 2009

They are off and running, or boarding

The summer is over and we made it to the first day of school. The early bird goes to my new Junior in high school. Her brother was ready to go, but didn't need to leave until later. He is good at posing and looking happy about school, so long as he isn't actually there.
...and off she rolls
When did she get so old? When did I get so old?
The next one out the door is our school year house guest... off and rolling too. He was not so happy about getting his picture taken, so he was anxious to get out of here.
I wouldn't let him leave until he smiled. Little brother is still smiling. Little brother is still not at school.
...and he is off and rolling...
Last and all alone, but still smiling and still not at school.
Okay, so I got him to school, but since it was a new thing for me (after all these months) I forgot to get him at the end of the day. He called to remind me and eventually he made it home.
I spent the day volunteering at the elementary school, moving their files up from last year.

4 comments:

Papa Bradstein said...

Good to see that your family is still off.

Rachel said...

I love all the varied ways your kiddos get to school!! Hard to believe I'll have one in school in just two short years - where does the time go?

mrjumbo said...

I'm confused. If they're off at boarding school, why are they still living at home?

CaliforniaGirl said...

Now you are spending your days on the couch watching TV and eating bonbons, right?