Monday, April 27, 2009

Sunny Days Time to Play

Another sunny weekend and our Yakima friends are here visiting Grandpa (across the street from our house) so we go outside and play. There are longboards, ripsticks, skateboards and pogo sticks. One daughter, 2 moms and 3 sons and one Grandpa. So easy to entertain, we kept our electricity and we didn't even have a fire.
With a lot of persistence he was able to get up to 12 consecutive jumps on the pogo stick.




Making a full turn at the end of the street is tricky.

This is how pogo sticks are done!!
This looks easy enough. Two wheels that pivot, the middle of the stick pivots... sure I can do this.
With a little help from a pro.
One mom boarding.
One mom, 2 kids, 2 boards and one rip stick.
Crash and burn results. Banged one knee, one foot and an elbow.
I was thinking that he was too big for the roller racer.Flying down X Street.
I am not sure how he stays up on this other than he makes it look easy.
The end of a beautiful day.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow I'm so jealous - well of those that successfully were skate boarding!! Somethign that definitely doesn't come natural to me - and I'm too big of a wimp to practice (haha)

Papa Bradstein said...

What a great day. Thanks for sharing.

mrjumbo said...

All that, and he's a great photographer. Not bad. Go ahead, buy him a shirt. I guess he's earned it.

--Proud Uncle

Kangamoo said...

If I buy him a shirt, will he wear it? The age old question. Reminded me of our childhood, just out playing on the street until the sun went down.

#4 said...

lol if she did that she would get fired